Prerequisite: 2SLGBTQ Foundations course AND experience working with trans and non-binary people in primary health care.
It is strongly recommended that learners considering taking this course, also attend our courses:
1) Transition-related surgeries: planning, referral and care
2) Trans 101 - adults and seniors
Duration: 4 hours
Content Level: Advanced
Mainpro+ Certification: NO Mainpro+ certification at this time
Target Audience: ONLY Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Physician’s Assistants, and students of these disciplines.
Fee: CAN $40
IMPORTANT: There is NO refund or exchange for cancellations.
Please do NOT pay for this course unless you belong to one of the target audience professions. If you do not fit the criteria you will not be able to register for the session and there will be NO REFUND for your payment. If you are a mental health or social service provider who wants to learn about transition-related surgeries please check out our "Transition-related counselling for mental health providers" course.
Summary: Assessing and managing masculinizing surgeries complications in primary health care.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare patients for masculinizing surgeries to minimize the likelihood or severity of post-operative complications
- Describe common complications post masculinizing surgeries
- Assess concerning symptoms post masculinizing surgeries
- Manage common complications that occur after masculinizing surgeries
Please note that capacity is limited to 20 learners per session to ensure a good learning environment.
January 25, 2024 - 1pm - 5pm