Prerequisite: 2SLGBTQ Foundations course
Duration: 4 hours (cannot be shortened due to Mainpro Accreditation)
Content Level: Beginner
Mainpro+ Certification: 4.0 Mainpro-M1 credits (Ontario ONLY)
Target Audience: ONLY Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Physician’s Assistants, Pharmacists, and students of these disciplines.
Fee: CAN $40
IMPORTANT: There is NO refund or exchange for cancellations.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT pay for this course unless you belong to one of the target audience professions. If you do not fit the criteria you will not be able to register for the session and there will be NO REFUND for your payment. If you are a mental health or social service provider who wants to learn about hormone treatment please check out our "Transition-related counselling for mental health providers" course.
Summary: Initiating and monitoring hormone therapy for trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming clients in primary care.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide community-based gender-affirming services to trans and gender diverse clients
- Take a gender history, assess and diagnose gender dysphoria in accordance with WPATH Standards of Care
- Describe the informed consent process for initiating hormone therapy
- Conduct hormone planning visits
- Initiate and monitor transition related hormone therapy
- Utilize clinical guidelines to inform and guide practice
Please note that capacity is limited to 20 learners per session to ensure a good learning environment.
SOLD OUT Wednesday, October 26 from 1 pm (EST) to 5 pm (EST)