Prerequisite: Transition-Related Hormone Therapy in Primary Health Care course OR experience providing hormone therapy to trans adults.
Duration: 4 hours
Content Level: Intermediate
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Physician’s Assistants, Pharmacists, and students of these professions.
Mainpro+ Certification: 4.0 Mainpro-M1 credits (Ontario ONLY)
Fee: CAN $40
IMPORTANT: There is NO refund or exchange for cancellations.
Summary: Initiating and monitoring puberty suppression for trans and non-binary youth in primary care in Ontario, Canada.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess gender dysphoria in adolescents
- Assess capacity to consent to treatment
- Identify puberty blockers criteria and contraindications
- Conduct medical investigations prior to treatment and monitoring during treatment
- Provide treatment to youth in a collaborative way
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT pay for this course unless you belong to one of the target audience professions. If you do not fit the criteria you will not be able to register for the session and there will be NO REFUND for
Please note that capacity is limited to 30 learners per session to ensure a good learning environment.
Oct 6, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - 20 spots available as of September 20.
Dec. 1, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.