Prerequisite: 2SLGBTQ Foundations course. It is also strongly recommended that prior to taking this course learners attend Trans 101 - Children and Youth AND/OR Trans 101 - Adults and Seniors.
Duration: 4 hours
Content Level: Intermediate
Target audience: All health care and social service providers who work with trans and non-binary people. Students of these disciplines are welcome.
Fee: CAN $10
IMPORTANT: There is NO refund or exchange for cancellations.
Summary: Introductory module for all health care and social service providers on social, legal, and medical transitioning.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of gender identity, gender expression, gender dysphoria and transition accurately
- Explain social and legal transition for children, youth, adults, and seniors
- Explain puberty suppression for trans and non-binary youth
- Explain transition-related hormone therapy for trans and non-binary adults and seniors
- Explain which transition-related surgeries are funded by the government of Ontario, Canada for trans and non-binary adults and seniors
- Recognize that transition is a process and it is unique for every person
- Practice according to WPATH’s Standards of Care
Please note that capacity is limited to 20 learners per session to ensure a good learning environment.
TBD or upon request for groups of 15 or more learners